Tough where it countsWhen you want the next step in rugged laptops for your tough work environment, the Latitude™ E6420 XFR notebook offers strong performance and reliable data protection in a design that’s built to withstand the most challenging environments.
Real-world rugged: Get protection from drops, spills, dust and related workplace hazards with the E6420 XFR laptop’s BallisticArmor™ protection and testing to high defense-grade standards.
- Field-ready: Enjoy a clear view of your work even in direct sunlight with the 14" WLED display featuring Direct Vue™ technology.
- Flexible design: Expand your possibilities with optional hot-swappable media bay modules, including batteries, USB 3.0 drives, optical drives, hard drives and a legacy I/O module.
- Get protection from harsh environments including extreme temperatures, humidity and dust thanks to stringent MIL-STD 810G and IP5X testing and protective port covers.
- Worry less about making a mess with the spill-resistant keyboard and LCD protective seal that helps to form a barrier around your LCD panel when closed.
- Stay productive with 6-cell ExpressCharge batteries (which recharges to 80 percent in one hour), as well as extended-life battery options.
- Work the way your job demands you to with an optional touch-enabled display that conveniently allows you to interact with your laptop without a keyboard — even when you're wearing protective gloves.
- Know your data is secure with Dell Data Protection and encrypted hard drive options, and get control over who can access to your data with Dell ControlVault™, contactless smart card and fingerprint reader login access options.
- Management made easy: The Latitude E6420 XFR fully rugged laptop is remote manageable and provides Intel® vPro™ Technology advanced management features with Intel WiFi Link WLAN option for easy monitoring and out-of-band system management.
||Intel® CoreTM i7 (2640M)
Intel® CoreTM i5 (2520M)
||Up to 8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333Mhz - 2 DIMMS
||Intel® HD Graphics 3000
NVIDIA®NVS™4200M (DDR3 512M) Discrete Graphics with Optimus
||14.0” HD (1366x768) wide-view outdoor-viewable LED with Direct Vue™ technology
||Up to 256GB Solid State hard drive
||10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless LAN and WiMAX Options
Mobile Broadband & GPS Options
||Physical Security: Steel-reinforced Cable Lock Slots, Media Module and Hard Drive Locks.
||USB 2.0 (3) – 1 USB/eSATA combo
Docking Connector, VGA, HDMI, Serial
USB 3.0 Module option via optical bay
Memory card reader, 54 mm ExpressCard
1 Full and 2 Half Mini Card Slots
||Single Pointing Backlit Keyboard
Optional rubberized red back-lit keyboard
Resistive-touch Panel Option (Single Point glove touch)