Affordable entry point to PS Series for remote offices and small medium businessesMidrange iSCSI SAN with affordable capacity for branch office and smaller SAN deployments.
The Dell EqualLogic PS4000 Series of virtualized iSCSI SAN arrays are designed to bring enterprise-class features, intelligence, automation and reliability to remote or branch office, departmental and small-to-medium business (SMB) storage deployments.
- Self optimized performance and automation to reduce remote office storage administration
- Virtualized scale out architecture ideal for server virtualization and storage consolidation
- Enterprise-class software such as replication included at no extra cost
- With up to 16 SATA disk drives per modular array, the PS4000E delivers outstanding capacity value for an entry into midrange enterprise storage.
- To grow storage capacity and performance for remote office needs, two PS4000 arrays can be combined in a SAN group.
Exceptional Ease of Use
- All PS Series storage arrays include SAN configuration features and capabilities that sense network connections, automatically build RAID sets, and conduct system health checks to help ensure that all components are fully functional.
- To improve enterprise-wide storage management, the EqualLogic SAN HeadQuarters software tool provides centralized performance and event monitoring of EqualLogic SANs across multiple sites.
- To help prevent both under-utilization and over-provisioning, EqualLogic PS Series arrays are based on a virtualized modular storage architecture that enables IT managers to purchase only the storage they need, when they need it.
- The PS4000E includes fault-tolerance capabilities through fully redundant and hot-swappable components, including optional dual-controllers, standard dual fan trays, dual power supplies, and disk drives with hot spares.
Feature-Rich Software Portfolio
- The EqualLogic software portfolio is an essential component of the EqualLogic storage solution. This feature-rich software portfolio can help your organization establish reliable, high-performing interactions with your customers while protecting critical business data.
- The EqualLogic all-inclusive software model gives you the functionality required for a complete SAN solution at one price, eliminating the need to manage software licenses or multiple support contracts.
|Number of Hosts
||Up to 512 per PS4000 group, 256 per pool
||Eight (8) or sixteen (16) drives per array|
||Scale out performance and capacity with additional PS Series arrays.|
||Scales up to 32TB of high capacity storage
|Supported Drive Types
||SATA 7,200 RPM
EqualLogic Group Manager GUI
EqualLogic Group Manager CLI
EqualLogic Manual Transfer Utility
||Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Server
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2003
Microsoft® Windows Server® 2008, 2008 R2 including Hyper-VTM
VMware® ESX Server 3 / 3.5 / 4 / 4.1 / ESXi 3.5 / 4 / 4.1
Red Hat® Enterprise Linux®
SUSE® Linux Enterprise
Mac OS® X
||Low cost entry point into EqualLogic PS Series
Remote site Storage Consolidation: Highest storage capacity in the PS4000 line
Simplifying data protection and disaster recovery at remote sites and small medium businesses
Easy expansion to enterprise-class SAN with PS6000 arrays